Steve Burrows, CBE, PE, CEng, FICE, FASCE, MIStructE, LEED-AP
Collaborative. Optimistic. Passionate. Global.
“Its always better to be approximately correct than precisely wrong.”
Steve helps design, manufacturing, and construction firms build strong and sustainable businesses.
His focus on strategic planning, organizational change, leadership coaching, and efficient work practices creates motivated, engaged people who will attract clients and colleagues. His focus on teamwork and consensus-building helps his clients define their destination, consider alternative scenarios, and pursue the route that works best for them, all of which are critical in an era of unpredictability.
With more than 40 years of industry experience, leading national and international engineering design firms in the United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Europe, and Canada, Steve possesses a robust understanding of what makes firms succeed in a competitive environment. This experience, combined with keen business instincts, gives him an edge in coaching leaders and helping clients communicate effectively to win work, hire great talent, and inspire staff to be the best they can be.
Steve also has extensive expertise in delivering projects throughout Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. He has worked on numerous high-profile projects, including the Dubai Towers, the Beijing Olympic Stadium, the City of Manchester Stadium, and the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. In recognition of his engineering work, Steve was honored by Her Majesty the Queen as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2009. His alma mater also awarded him an Honorary Fellowship in 2019.
Once afraid of public speaking, Steve has made himself very visible (or audible) on television, radio, and in keynote addresses. He was featured on the IMAX movie Dream Big, which was designed to draw more females into the study of STEM subjects. Steve has also hosted television programs such as TimeScanners, Engineering the Impossible, Unearthing Ancient Secrets, and The Unxplained.
Steve believes it’s the greatest time in history to be in the construction industry, and that optimism carries over into everything he does for his clients.
- Technology and the Future of the Construction Industry, article, Cameron MacAllister Group, February 25, 2021
- When do you become a large firm-and what should you do about it? Linkedin November 25, 2019
- Disruption is Coming to the Building Industry, article, Structure, March 2019
- Technology Enables The Return Of The Master Architect, article, Cameron MacAllister Group, December 3, 2018
PROFESSIONAL AND INDUSTRY PRESENTATIONS
- Why the Best Leaders are Catalysts for Change with Steve Burrows, podcast. Reflect Forward, March 2021
- Engineering the Impossible with Steve Burrows, podcast, The Edifice, February 15, 2019
- Lessons From The Past with Steve Burrows, podcast, The-Gift-Tree.com, January 18, 2017
- Girls Crack The Code with Steve Burrows, InnovationCafe, podcast, March 8, 2017
- That Curiosity Thing: How a dose of Ethics Might Avoid a Sense of Deja Vu, podcast, Voice America, February 9, 2015
- The Speed of Light for Pyramids with Steve Burrows, podcast. January 2014
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Development
- Operations and Financial Management
- Internal Ownership Transition
- Meeting and Retreat Facilitation
- Merger and Acquisition Representation
- Firm Performance Audits
- Project Team Performance
- Leadership Training
- Leadership Assessment
- Leadership Succession Planning
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Development
- Marketing Strategies
- Presentation Coaching
- Presentation and Communication Training
- Market Intelligence
- Team Building and Alignment
- Brand Messaging
- Media Training
- Sustainability Assessment
- Sustainability and Resiliency Strategy
- Regenerative Thinking